The Madison Public Library was originally founded by the Woman's
Club in 1907 and a local doctor donated space. In 1908 the library moved to the
second floor of the Madison City Hall. By 1910 the library had over 1,000 items.
The Madison Public Library currently offers more than 18,000 titles, and is
located between the Madison Museum/Historical Society and
City Hall on the corner of Lincoln and 3rd Street in Madison, Nebraska.